Atmospheres

Wednesday, September 10, 2003

Ear'oles - Nature's preschool structural dynamics experiment

OK - so now both myself and the Reverend have dodgy ears. This is perfectly normal, this is simply nature's way of telling you that you shouldn't be there - 'You're floating, all your movements are restricted and ungainly - but you can deal with this. There's no air, but you can deal with this, too...OK...now, what's that tickling, gurgling sensation? That's right, it's an earful of PUS, get out of that, pitiful human!'

(ooh, it's that woman out of Hot Shots II - naked...ahem)

I was convinced that I'd just got an ear full of water and that eventually it would come out, but nothing would work. When it was still there 4 days later and I got a steaming headache, I thought perhaps I ought to see the quack. So, in with the aural probe and - 'Ooooh, I'm surprised you're not in agony...that's really inflamed.'... Pants. One diagnosis of Otis Redding and a handful of auntybionics, next please... Found out later that a serious infection gives the impression of 'fullness' - ie: an earful of water that you can't shift. So, kiddies, if you feel like your ear's full, then you've got a soul singer infection in there, or something...

I'll be trying a couple of preventatives involving olive oil, acetic acid, and possibly lemon juice - sounds like salad dressing to me!

Here's where I got the info about infections...
http://www.deeperblue.net/article.php/186/12
http://www.deeperblue.net/article.php/198/12

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home